Sunday, July 27, 2014

1 Kings 3:5, 7-12, Romans 8:28-30, Psalm 119:57, 72, 76-77, 127-130, Matthew 13:44-52

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Kings 3:5, 7-12, Romans 8:28-30, Psalm 119:57, 72, 76-77, 127-130, 
Matthew 13:44-52


1 Kings 3:5, 7-12

_______ My own. ask what You want Me to give You.

My Beloved, I am aware that I am Your little nothing.  I am so infinitesimally small that I am barely visible.  I know it and You know it.  What can one like me every accomplish on my less than limited strength.  So this is what I ask my Lord - that You enter my littleness and in that less than nothing space, fill it with Your purity, Your goodness, Your wisdom, Your strength, Your beauty, Your love, Your power, Your sweetness, Your glory, Your majesty.  Let this little less than nothing contain all that is You.  In my strength and on my own I can do nothing so please unite me with You, consume me in Your Beloved then one with Your infinite goodness and perfection I can be all things in You and I can do all things in You. 

Romans 8:28-30

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One You confirm in these verses that all who have been called by You can be assured that everything that occurs in their live will work for their good and for God's glory. You will draw good from every circumstance in their life.

You called me in eternity even before I was formed in my mother's womb to be who I am and just as I am.  You have place me exactly where You desire me to be, doing exactly what You have planned for me to do.  It may not be much in the eyes of the world but it is wholly Yours - little perhaps and less than nothing but as I am my Beloved I am Yours alone to be used as You will for as long as You will.

Psalm 119:57, 72, 76-77, 127-130

Thank You my Beloved for keeping all Your promises to me.  Thank You for Your faithfulness. You are all I need. Your Word is a lamp to my feet I will never walk in darkness nor go astray because to do Your will through grace received each day is my delight.  You have comforted me when I have mourned.  You have wiped my tears, You have heard me lamenting in grief and You came to me and assured me that I am not alone. You my Beloved  are always with me.  You have been gracious and merciful to me when I have least deserved it.  Thank You. 

Your Word is the treasury where I find all I need to live according to Your will.  Thank You for permitting one as slow to understanding as I am, to be able to grasp the wisdom of Your Word and gasp at its awesome beauty and majesty.

Matthew 13:44-52

My Beloved You are my Treasure, my Pearl of Great Price.  All is well lost my Love if I have You.  I am caught in Your net.  When You sift the wheat from the chaff and gather the good fish in buckets grant that I am be counted among the wheat and the good fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment