Wednesday, June 25, 2014

2 Kings 22:8-13, 33:1-3, Psalm 119:33-37 & 40, Matthew 7:15-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Kings 22:8-13, 33:1-3, Psalm 119:33-37 & 40, Matthew 7:15-20

Remain at my side my Beloved so my heart can rest in You
2 Kings 22:8-13, 33:1-3
My Beloved, Eternal Unchangeable, Everliving Word of the Father You dwell in fullness in Your Holy Church, You are never far from us for we the Church are in You and You are in us. God desires that we obey His commandments the first is to love Him above all and before all with all our heart, mind and strength and to love our neighbor as well as we love ourselves.  The Law of Love is written in the hearts of all who belong to You, when we keep obey this Law You abide in us and we abide in You.

Psalm 119:33-37 & 40

My Beloved, You did more than explain Your commandments, You lived it out by laying down Your life in love to save us from eternal death.   You gave us understanding when You said there is no greater love than one a man lays down his life for his friend.  Your Holy Spirit abides in me and guides me in the way of Truth, my joy and my peace come from obedience to the Truth.  

My Beloved, You know me well and You know that all I confess of myself is true.  I am weak, selfish, sinful, lazy, self-willed, self-indulgent, self-righteous often, and prideful too this is why You need to remain at my side so my heart can rest in You, be strengthened and directed by You.  

Your life-giving Word empowers and enlightens my spirit so I can do all things according to Your will.  Renew my life my Beloved as my souls feasts on You and is nourished by You in the Eucharist.

Matthew 7:15-20

My Beloved, You tell us that the the one sure way to discern if something is good or bad is to look its fruit.  A good tree bears good and a bad tree bad fruit.  It is asinine to expect a positive outcome when we or anyone does what is wrong.  When we rid our lives of sin, when we are grafted on to You, when the life giving sap of Your Spirit courses through us, the fruit we produce will be good fruit that will last.

Thank You my Beloved for teaching  us how to discern good from evil.  The fruit produced will enable us to recognize what is good and reject what is evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment