Sunday, May 25, 2014

Acts 8:5-8, 14-17, Psalm 66:1-7, 16 * 20, 1 Peter 3:15-18, John 14:15-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 8:5-8, 14-17, Psalm 66:1-7, 16 & 20, 1 Peter 3:15-18, John 14:15-21



Acts 8:5-8, 14-17

My Beloved, Philip went to Samaria to preach the Good News.  It was a place which just a some time ago James and John wanted to call forth fire from heaven and destroy because the people there rejected You.  However, You told them they would do no such thing but would proceed to the next village instead.  Samaria and the Samaritans were hated heartily by the Jews and the Samaritans returned the favor in like measure.  

Now, after Your Ascension into heaven and the descent of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles, we see how Philip went into hostile territory and found that they were receptive to the message of the Good News of salvation and came to believe.  You in turn worked mighty miracles and they witnessed these signs and wonders worked in their favor as You healed their sick and drove out the demons from those who were possessed of unclean spirits and they were filled with joy.

When Philip narrated to the others all that God was doing for the believers there, Peter sent John to them.  Finding out that they had only been baptized in Your Name, he prayed that they might receive the Holy Spirit and hands were laid on them and they were filled with Your Holy Spirit.  They received the fullness of the faith and were welcomed into the Church founded on the Apostles with Peter as the Rock and You my Beloved, as its Cornerstone.

Psalm 66:1-7, 16 & 20

My Beloved, how blessed I am and how blessed are all who know You and believe in You.  We are a people of joy, songs and gladness for You are a great God and You work mightily in favor of those who put their faith,hope and trust in You.  The whole earth rejoices in Your goodness and praises You for You, my Beloved, are an awesome God.  You watch over Your sheep, never for a moment do You take Your gaze away from us but hold us safe in Your Presence.  No harm will come to us for we belong to You my Lord.

John 14:15-21

My Beloved to the extent that I am willing to love You to that extent I will experience the power and depth of Your love for me.  The natural response to love is to keep Your commandments of love.  If I do so, You promise me help more powerful and more certain than any I have known or will ever know.

The Holy Spirit Himself will come upon me, descend in me and remain in me forever.  He is the fullness of Your life, power, truth, grace, love wisdom and far more than I can even know.  You assure me that I know the Spirit for I have received Him in Baptism I have been confirmed in Him.  I call God Father, You taught me to and and I will never orphaned for it is Abouna who has willed all that I receive from You, from eternity.  The world does not see You but we do for You abide in us with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

I love You my Lord and with Your help, I shall endeavor to keep Your commandments.  Thank You for loving me as You and the Father do.  I am Yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment