Thursday, April 17, 2014

Exodus 12:1-8, 11-14, Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18, 1 Cor 11:23-26, John 13:1-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Exodus 12:1-8, 11-14, Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18, 1 Cor 11:23-26, John 13:1-15


Exodus 12:1-8, 11-14

My Beloved, the Lamb of God without stain or blemish who takes way the sins of the world,  You were given up for us as a pleasing and fragrant sacrifice through Your sorrowful and bitter passion.  You nailed our iniquities to the Cross.  Condemned for our wickedness Innocence was put to death so we may live.  The Blood of the Lamb saves us.  Covered by Your most precious Blood and most especially when we eat Your Body ad drink Your Blood, God passes over us so eternal death cannot overtake us.

Today my Beloved we celebrate the day You instituted the Sacrament of Holy Orders and the Sacrament of the Most Holy Eucharist.  Thank You for these awesome and most precious Gifts.

Psalm 116:12-13, 15-18

My Beloved, the only pleasing and acceptable sacrifice to the Father, in thanksgiving for all He has done for me, is to offer Him the only sacrifice pleasing and acceptable to Him.  Through this sacrifice infinite merit is obtained for us.  Your suffering, passion and death set us free.  Truly we are Your servants whom You set free from the slavery of sin.  We offer you in thanksgiving our sacrifice of praise as we offer you the Lamb who takes away the sins of the whole world. 

1 Cor 11:23-26

My Beloved, it never ceases to amaze me how selectively texts in Sacred Scripture are read and interpreted by non-Catholics.  In these verses St. Paul writes very clearly and unambiguously about receiving the Holy Eucharist in a worthy manner.  If we do not, he says without mincing words,  we eat and drink damnation to ourselves.  

This is the Tradition handed down by You to the Apostles and through them to the Bishops in an unbroken line - when we receive Your Body and Blood we receive life, strength, help, health and grace.  Thank you Lord!

 John 13:1-15

My Beloved, I thank You for loving me perfectly.  You did all that the Father desired You to do to ensure my salvation and You gave me a perfectly example of how to live my offering loving, selfless service to my brothers and sisters.  You give me heavenly food to ensure that I receive grace and strength to be faithful in love and service.  You taught by example how to be humble - it is a virtue most pleasing to God.

Thank You Lord for all You have done for me and for claiming me for Yourself in this life and in eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment