Monday, March 10, 2014

Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15 Matthew 25:31-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18, Psalm 19:8-10, 15 Matthew 25:31-46

"Truly, I say to you: when­ever you did this to these little ones who are my brothers and sisters, you did it to me."

Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18

 My Beloved, help me to put into practice that which You call me to do.  To be holy as God as holy.  This is not possile on my own but with You in me I can be all that You desire me to be.

Verse 14
14 You shall not curse a deaf man nor put a stumbling block in the way of the blind; but you shall fear your God; I am Yahweh.

Often I lack patience with the spiritually deaf and I put stumbling blocks in the path of those spiritually blind by my shrill and harsh self righteousness forgetting that but for Your grace my Lord I would not have made the little progress I have made in the spiritual life.  It is You who have taken me by the hand and led me, grant me the same generosity of spirit to do likewise. 

Psalm 19:8-10, 15 

 The law of the Lord is perfect love it fills the soul with the Life of God.  You are the Word of God and You my Lord are trustworthy because Your Word is true, steadfast and a sure foundation on which we can plant ourselves firmly and put down roots so the sap of the Holy Spirit may flow in us and we may flourish.

It is perfect obedience to the will of God and His Word that we can be fully alive and truly happy.  To fear God is is to be aware of who god is and we we are - the Creator and the creature.  We are only because You caused us to be.  Beloved, may You find my desire to know You, love You serve You and follow You be pleasing in Your sight.

Matthew 25:31-46

My Beloved, we have been created in love and God has planned for each us a life lived in grace; loving God and loving neighbor.  We are reminded that we cannot say we love God if we are indifferent to our neighbor.  You, the Son of Man and the Son of God so completely identify Yourself with us that You consider every act of good or evil done to our neighbor as if it were do to You personally and we will be judged accordingly.

Give me a constant awareness of this truth in everything I say, do or think about everyone I encounter each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment