Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Samuel 15:13-14, 30; 16:5-13, Psalm 3:2-7, Mark 5:1-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Samuel 15:13-14, 30; 16:5-13, Psalm 3:2-7, Mark 5:1-20
 
WHEN CHRIST SETS YOU FREE YOU ARE FREE INDEED!


2 Samuel 15:13-14, 30; 16:5-13

 30 But David went up the ascent of the Mount of Olives, weeping as he went, with his head covered and walking barefoot; and all the people who were with him covered their heads and went up, weeping as they went. 

A time will come my Beloved when You will take Your Apostles and ascend the Mount of Olives and in Your agony in this garden You will sweat drops of blood and plead with Your Father to take away the chalice of suffering which He desired You to drink in order to redeem His creatures. 

Psalm 3:2-7

Thank You my Beloved for Your assurance that no matter how many are against me it matters not for You are with me.  With You beside me I am invincible.  You are m shield, my glory and rock.  You hear and answer me every time I call on Your Name.  Asleep or awake, Your Presence is with me, in me around me above and below me.  You are my God and I am Your little nothing - wholly Yours.  With God beside me whom shall I fear?

Mark 5:1-20

My Beloved, how easy i is to give up on people and discard them.  Out of sight out of mind.  We push those we find difficult to deal with or those whom the world considers of little value, to the fringes of society and we forget they exist.  We prefer to be blind to the truth for if we did then we would be morally responsible to do something and we are too self absorbed to bother.  We do not let anything unpleasant interfere with out nice, placid, well ordered lives.  

It is not so with You my Lord. You plunge right into the heart of things.  Right into the muddle and muck of our lives.  So much so that You became one like us in order to share our guilt and same but You took it upon Yourself and paid the price for our iniquity.  You are the example and model that we are called to imitate.  You have done so much for us and we in turn must not only testify but must go about doing good just as You did.  

Your mercy my Beloved has no end.



No comments:

Post a Comment