Wednesday, February 12, 2014

1 Kings 10:1-0, Psalm 37:5-6, 30-31, 39-40, Mark 7:14-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Kings 10:1-0, Psalm 37:5-6, 30-31, 39-40, Mark 7:14-23

Psalm 37:5-6, 30-31, 39-40

Commit your way to the Lord; put your trust in him and let him act.

My Beloved, I surrender my life to Your will.  I yield my whole being to You and put all my trust in You.  My ear is attuned to Your Voice.  I will listen to Your Word and with Your help my Beloved, act on it.  You have written Your law of love on my heart I shall not stumble or fall so long as I obey Your commands.

I am made righteous in You and You have saved me from the jaws of death and from the wiles of the enemy.  When I called You answered, in my distress I said, "Come Lord and save me!" You hastened to my side and lifted me and hid me under Your wings.  In You I have found refuge from the snares of the Enemy.

Thank You!


Mark 7:14-23

My Beloved, people pride themselves and set themselves up to be better than others on the basis of what they eat or do not eat.  Certain foods are considered unclean and wars are fought when it is perceived that these taboos are ignored.  Here You put the notion of being unclean to rest once and for all.  You spoke clearly of the things that can and do make us unclean.  Evil or good comes from within, from the fullness of a person's heart.


“What comes out of a person is what defiles, 21 for evil designs come out of the heart: theft, murder, 22 adultery, jealousy, greed, maliciousness, deceit, indecency, slander, pride and folly. 23 All these evil things come from within and make a person unclean.

No comments:

Post a Comment