Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Isaiah 40:1-11, Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13, Matthew 18:12-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Isaiah 40:1-11, Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13, Matthew 18:12-14


Isaiah 40:1-11

My Beloved, You say to me today, "Here is your God. If I am for you ____ mine who can be against you?  Do not be troubled rather be comforted for I Your God strengthen you, walk with you, live in you.  Walk in My ways.  Keep My commands to love God and neighbor.  Fulfill the law of love in all things and I will remain with you always for I am Emmanuel.  I am the God who says, this is the Good News that God, your God walks among His people and delivers them from all their difficulties, fears, sickness and anxieties.  I am the God who saves.  Be not afraid!  When your strength fails, lean on Me for I am strong.  Fear not I will carry you in my arms and i will take you safely into the sheepfold."

Psalm 96:1-3, 10-13

My Beloved, because Your mercy and blessings are new every morning, we sing a new song of praise and thanksgiving to You each day.  We raise our voice in blessings to Your most Holy Name.  Salvation comes from You.  All that is good comes from You and as we recall all You have done, we shall raise our hearts and minds in adoration and worship.  heaven, earth and all creation rejoices because of Your goodness, kindness and mercy to all.  You are the Just Judge, the Son of justice, the Prince of Peace, Savior and Redeemer of all.

Matthew 18:12-14

My Beloved, here You give us a glimpse into the heart and mind of God who does not think and reason as man does.  According to the reasoning of men, which astute shepherd would leave 99 sheep exposed to danger and go looking for one stupid, silly, sheep who did not have the good sense to stay with the shepherd and the rest of the flock?  What if the hillside is full of dangers and on returning in triumph with the lost one lying across his shoulders, he finds half his sheep attacked by wolves and the rest scattered - what then?  It would surely be a most foolish, stupid and sentimental shepherd that did that.

But the law of love and the reason, wisdom and ways of God are so far removed from the the coldhearted and cruel way men think.  God will not permit even one of His little ones to be lost but will ensure that all His sheep are safe, the 99 on the hillside and the sinful one who has strayed, all are precious in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment