Monday, September 16, 2013

1 Timothy 2:1-8, Psalm 28: 2,7-9, Luke 7:1-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

1 Timothy 2:1-8, Psalm 28: 2,7-9, Luke 7:1-10



1 Timothy 2:1-8


My Beloved, perhaps the world is filled with corrupt politicians because we do not make it a daily practice to offer prayers of praise, intercession, petition and thanksgiving for them.  If we did peace would perhaps reign in our world.



God desires that all be saved and that the knowledge of truth be received by all in order that they too belong to His family and come to the Kingdom.  Beloved, You alone can help us being both God and man, to bridge the divide.  You died for us and redeemed us and as St. Paul was given a mission, we are we by virtue of our baptism, called to be teachers, preachers and disciples.  Our lives must give testimony to what we believe.



Psalm 28: 2,7-9



My Beloved, this is what I have been doing since I woke up:



Verse 2

Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your innermost sanctuary.

My Lord, with You I am strong, I am invincible.  You are my shield and my protector. I rejoice in Your saving love and my mouth sings the praises that overflow from my heart to m lips.  We belong to You my Beloved, the Father has given us to You as Your own so that we may worship, adore and love You and give You the praise and honor that is due to You as our Lord, Savior, Redeemer, Healer, Brother, Friend and Spouse.

Luke 7:1-10


My Beloved, we make divisions among ourselves and we see only that which sets us apart rather than what unites.  How often we look either with pity or scorn at those who are outside the fold.  We see ourselves as the privileged ones and that salvation is assured to us and we freely condemn  everyone else.  



In this beautiful incident narrated in the Gospel, we see a man who is a pagan yet He is highly praised by You because he recognized that You were a Man of God.  He believed the power of Your word would bring about the healing he desired for his servant.  Grant us such a faith Lord and help us to see everyone with the eyes of a child.  We all have the same Father and we are all indebted to the same Redeemer. By the Blood of the Lamb all are saved.  This is the Good News we are to preach while all the time seeking to praise the good, the true, the noble in our separated brothers and sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment