Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Genesis 19: 15-29, Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12, Matthew 8:23-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Genesis 19: 15-29, Psalm 26:2-3, 9-12, Matthew 8:23-27

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


Genesis 19: 15-29

My Beloved, the good will not perish along with those who  are evil.  God will intervene even sending His angels to safeguard, guide and protect.  However there is always a sense of urgency.  When God calls we must not waste time in procrastination especially when the call is clear and there can be no misapprehension about what God desires of us.

God will save our entire household for that is His way.  On our part we . must be willing to trust Him without reservation. "Don't look back," is extremely good advice because when we do we become slow, incapable of moving forward. We get caught up by things past which are no longer relevant and like Lot's wife we become immobile.

Just as You set Your Face steadfastly towards Jerusalem knowing exactly what You had to endure there, so too must we.

God understands our fears and weaknesses.  Lot was afraid that the disaster that was to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah would take his life as well despite the fact that the angel of the Lord was with him and God would wait until he and his family were safely out of harm's way, yet he pleased to take refuge in a little town and not to the mountain where God wanted him to go.

Evil doers ought not to believe that they can sin with impunity without being called to render an account.  God's mill of justice may grind slowly to give all time to repent but when His wrath descends He will annihilate.

Matthew 8:23-27

My Beloved, there is great evil let loose in the world today.  Peter's Bark is tossing in the waves and the storm is so severe it appears that all is lost.

So great is the power of the winds of evil my Lord and they carry with it the stench of decay and death.  Life is strangled and destroyed at every stage before the birth pangs and all seems lost because it appears that You are allowing evil to  run its course.  Evil is at the helm of all authority and rule in high place.  Sanity and morality have fled from the world and the only place where they can be found is in this tiny boat.  Just as Lot and his family were saved in the small town of Zoar so too will be be saved.  We who now seem abandoned and alone in the Bark of Peter will find that although You appear to be asleep You are in complete control.

When You stand up and command, evil will turn tail, whimper and flee and the world will gape in wonder, awe and astonishment at the power of God.     

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TOSSING IN THE WIND - Jesus Asleep in the Boat


The dark clouds look forbidding,
As they fill a sullen sky,
The keening winds are wailing,
The waves are riding high.

The angry sea is frothing,
Tossing up my boat,
I’m hunkered down and wondering,
How long I’ll stay afloat.
I clench my knuckles grimly,
Head pressing on my knees,
My heart is pounding in my chest,
The rain begins to freeze.
I hear the sound of breathing,
I thought I was alone,
Crawling down the galley,
Cold, sore, wet to the bone.
I find the Master sleeping.,
His hand under His head,
Lying on a pillow,
His cloak around Him spread.
I smile and drawing closer,
I snuggle at His feet,
And though the storm is raging,
I too fall asleep.
In a dazzling flash of lightening,
I am suddenly aware,
That despite the raging storms,
God is always there.

Myra D’Souza/4th August 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment