Monday, July 29, 2013

Genesis 18:20-32, Colossians 2:12-14, Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8, Luke 11:1-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 18:20-32, Colossians 2:12-14, Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8, Luke 11:1-13

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm




Genesis 18:20-32


My Beloved, grant that I may have the spirit of boldness when it comes to interceding for those in need of my prayers.  God is a gracious, loving compassionate Father who desires that we come to Him and see Him as Abouna.  He will deny His children nothing for He enjoys giving us all the good things that are necessary for us to help us grow and mature in body, mind, heart, soul, and spirit.

Let me not be bashful in walking right up to the Holy of Holies, leaning on my Abba's breast as I make known to Him the needs of those I love and pray for every single day.

You, my Beloved, ripped the curtain in two that separates me from God our Father and now I can approach Him at any time and at any hour.  Thank You.

Colossians 2:12-14

In baptism I plunged into Your death, the death necessary to render sin powerless and which You nailed to the Cross and I rose gloriously with You in Your Resurrection.  I am grafted into Your Body.  Divine life courses through me.  I am alive with the Life of Your Holy Spirit.  Every sin I have ever committed is not only forgiven in the Sacrament Of Reconciliation but is all forgotten.  Satan, the accuser has nothing to hold against me in Your Presence. You obtained my pardon and remission of my sins and guilt.

I shall not whip myself with old transgressions but I will live in the freedom won for me at so high a price on the Cross at Calvary.

Psalm 138:1-3, 6-8

My Beloved, Jesus my Lord and my Saviour, my Redeemer, I come before You with a heart overflowing with praise and thanksgiving for You have heard my prayers and You have answered my every time I called. I believe that in God's perfect time everything I have asked for will be granted.

Thank You for the grace, help, strength, and peace I receive each day when I receive You in Holy Communion.  Thank You for my sure knowledge that You walk beside me, You live in me, You are above and below me.  You surround me and You imbue me.  I am filled with You and I never walk alone.   No harm can come to me for Your mighty protection covers me as a shield.

Luke 11:1-13

So often my Beloved we give up after having prayed a short while and not seeing immediate results.  Persistence in prayer purifies us, it purifies our intentions it makes us strong and it teaches us that we are dependent on You.  It teaches us to trust You and to have faith.  Persistence in prayer grows sweeter as it makes us see ourselves as we are - helpless without You.  

Answered prayers bring us joyfully to You in praise, thanksgiving, and adoration.  We are Your children Father and it pleases You to give us all we need as we journey to You and to the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment