Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Genesis 13:2, 5-18, Psalm 15:2-5, Matthew 7:6, 12-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 13:2, 5-18, Psalm 15:2-5, Matthew 7:6, 12-14

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Genesis 13:2, 5-18

My Beloved, Abraham was truly a man after the heart of God.  He was not  greedy but generous with his nephew Lot.  He gave him the first choice of the land.  He was a man of peace.  He was a man who believed that God was for him. He also trusted the word of God.



In a world where everyone looks to get the best and the lion's share of everything, it is good to bear in mind that when we are humble and trust God then we can be certain that He will take care of every need and bless us abundantly.



Psalm 15:2-5



My Beloved, I am not left to muddle on my own in my journey to the Kingdom.  You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.  I must follow You who have lived the Way, I must imitate You who are the Truth and I must be open to receive the Life that You give me at every worthy reception of the Sacraments.


To have Truth in the heart is to have Your abiding Presence in it.  I must walk in Your way and freely choose to do what is right, true, good and beautiful.  I must exercise self-control in my works.  I must help not hinder my neighbor.  I must not gossip about the failings of others especially when I am fully aware that my own are legion.  I must respect and esteem those who live honorable lives because they are pleasing to You.  These I must imitate and not sinners and evil doers.  I must give without expecting to receive with interest.  I must never use whatever power I may have to do injustice to the innocent.  

Empower me my Lord and I will never stray from the Way.  I will be guided by the Truth and I will be filled with Your Life received through Your Holy Spirit.


Matthew 7:6, 12-14


My Beloved, Your Word is Truth, the Word is God and Faith to believe is a Gift.  It is a grace not everyone receives and without it the Beauty of Truth is unfathomable to them.  Through the ages we have seen verse 6 come alive.  Those who are spiritually blind, deaf and disabled, those who refuse to even try to understand because of their narrow beliefs have turned like a pack of rabid wolves and have profaned the Truth.  They viciously turn against those who speak it and destroy them this is why You ask us to exercise prudence for not everyone is ready to receive the Pearl of Great Price.


Thank You for reminding me that we journey to the Kingdom through the Valley of Tears.  The Way is narrow and hard and few choose it but I am not alone You go with me.  You make grace available to me through the Sacraments. The Way to the Father is the Way of the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment