Saturday, June 15, 2013

2 Corinthians 5:14-21, Psalm 103 1-4, 9-12, Matthew 5:33-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 5:14-21, Psalm 103 1-4, 9-12, Matthew 5:33-37

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm



2 Corinthians 5:14-21

My Beloved, You had no sin but the Father made You bear the sins of all mankind in order that though You and in You we might also share Your holiness.  We have no excuse not to strive after holiness and perfection because You make it possible.  We are reconciled to God our Father through You who became like me in order that I may become like You.  Thank You!

Psalm 103 1-4, 9-12

My Beloved, we receive forgiveness of sins through You.  All my sickness resulting from my propensity to sin are healed.  You have saved my soul from eternal damnation.

I can count on Your infinite love for me always even though I am not worthy.  You blot out my sins from Your memory once I am forgiven.  In You I am a new creation the past is forgotten and forgiven.  You do not care about what I was but what I am and can be in You.
Matthew 5:33-37

My Beloved, You desire us to be childlike before You.  No subterfuge, no pomposity just openness and simplicity.  You want us to be truthful.  We do not need fancy words or make a garish show we must just be so trustworthy that when we say yes or no it carries the weight of honor with it.  That is all that is necessary.  When we know You, love You, serve You and live for You then we will understand.








No comments:

Post a Comment