Friday, June 14, 2013

2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 116:10-11, 15-18, Matthew 5:27-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 116:10-11, 15-18, Matthew 5:27-32

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm



2 Corinthians 4:7-15

The glory of God our Father in our Lord Jesus Christ through the power of His Holy Spirit is poured into our hearts. This all surpassing power is held in clay jars so there can be no doubt at all that this Gift of God is given to us because He is the Giver of everything good and perfect.

It
 is because we possess the Spirit of God we are able to bear any difficulty that we may experience without being bowed down. We may not always know the reason why things happen but the answer is not important. It is enough to know that God abides in us and this is what gives us peace in the midst of our trials. Discriminated by many because we believe in You, follow You and are called Christians we may even be persecuted but we know that God is always with us. Nothing that Man can do to us will overwhelm us or crush us. We carry within us the power of the passion, death and resurrection of Christ. His life in us is visible because of its radiance that glows from us. Every martyr whose life was crushed or ground like grapes in a wine press or wheat in a mill, have left us a powerful testimony of how to live and die.

The Holy Spirit is poured into us and He helps our faith, love and hope to grow as our knowledge of Him who lays down His life for us increases. No matter what happens to us in life we ought never to forget that all things work for the good of those who love God and through our willing submission to Him grace is poured abundantly upon us and our lives are filled with thanksgiving for all our God has done for us.

Psalm 116:10-11, 15-18

My Beloved, how often in the past I have put my trust in humans and have been crushingly disappointed.  In time, I learned to place all my hope in You and I have never been dismayed.  You have set me free from the slavery of addiction to bad habits.  You have rescued me and had You not, I would have died in my sins.  You have me a faithful servant giving me all that I need to encourage me and help me grow from strength to strength even if my progress is minuscule.  Your Holy Spirit is my ever present help.

offer You a Thanksgiving Sacrifice everyday as I participate in the celebration of the Holy Eucharist – a Sacrifice of Praise and Thanksgiving.  Grant that I may be obedient to all You desire of me my Lord and my God and my only good.

Matthew 5:27-32

My Beloved, You call us to divine excellence in our thoughts and deeds as well as in our relationships.  Our spousal union images the relationship You have with Your Bride the Church.  This call to perfection is possible because You make it possible through grace poured into our hearts through the Sacraments.  We are not left on our own to muddle as best we can.  You have given us a Guide, a Comforter, a Helper, Your Own Holy Spirit.

In a world where Satan is orchestrating the destruction of that union that best reflects God's relationship with us, marriage and its fruit children, we will not be afraid because we know that no matter how grim life looks You have won the victory.  You have triumphed and we can hope with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment