Thursday, May 16, 2013

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, Psalm 16:1-2a, 5, 7-11, John 17:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Acts 22:30, 23:6-11, Psalm 16:1-2a, 5, 7-11, John 17:20-26

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Acts 22:30, 23:6-11
Psalms 16:7-8 
7 I will bless the Lord who counsels me; He gives me wisdom in the night.
He tells me what to do.
8 I am always thinking of the Lord;
and because He is so near, I never need to stumble or fall. 

My Beloved, You have taught that we should be shrewd in the ways of the world.  If we know the enemy, we can use this knowledge against them, yet we must remain innocent and as gentle as doves.  The enemy is a master at sowing dissension, division and discord.  Your enemies only unite when they desire to plot evil, it is this purpose alone that draws them together - the destruction of good.

St. Paul was well aware of what divided the two groups who had accused him.  The differences in their beliefs were so radically opposed that they were capable of real violence even to killing each other.  St. Paul used this knowledge to drive a wedge between them thus escaping their malice against him.

When we are divided among ourselves Satan can easily gain entrance and work to destroy us.  Paul had faith You supplied the grace and the courage.  You  had a great mission for St. Paul as a prisoner in  chains and despite what to us is a handicap he permitted You to use him powerfully to spread the Word.

Psalm 16:1-2a, 5, 7-11

 My Beloved, I can trust You to keep me and those I love safe.  We take refuge in You our Rock, our Help, our Comfort and our Shelter.  We choose You as You have chosen us and You will ensure that no harm will come to us.  The enemy will have no power over us.  I thank You for Your Word, for Your Sacraments, for Your Church and for Your anointed who minister to us. 

I thank You for You Holy Spirit indwelling in me.  He makes it possible for me to be in union with You all the time.  M my spirit united with Yours enables me to praise You even when I am asleep at night.  I am assured of joy and peace in the world although I may be in the midst of sorrow and trouble.  Your right hand holds me.  Your love comforts me, my future with You is assured because You have forgiven my sins of the past, You hold my present in Your hands and my future is secure because I trust You.  THANK YOU!!!

John 17:20-26

You prayed to Your Father for me my Beloved.  Through the Word handed down by the Apostles I too believe.  In union with You my Beloved we are invincible, the devil knows this and this is why he works night and day to sow seeds of disunity among us.  We can and will reach perfection in union with You and Your Church.  This unity itself is a powerful witness to the world.  There is nothing so potent as love made visible when brothers and sisters live in harmony with each other, each seeing the well being and the good of the other.

You made known to the Apostles all that the Father made known to You.  We are entrusted to You through the power of Your Name and the presence of Your Holy Spirit.  It is He who draws us into the family of the Holy Trinity and makes us partakers and sharers of divine love and life.




No comments:

Post a Comment