Thursday, April 25, 2013

1 Peter 5:5b-14, Psalm 89-2-3, 6-7, 16-17, Mark 16:16:15-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Peter 5:5b-14, Psalm 89-2-3, 6-7, 16-17, Mark 16:16:15-20

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm


1 Peter 5:5b-14

My Beloved, to be humble is an acknowledgement of who God is and who we are.  Creator and creature.  We are because God causes us to be.  He sustains us, He upholds us, He breathes in us and animates us.  Should He withdraw His Help and His breath we who are but a puff of wind would be no more.

To the humble God pours out His grace.  The humble hearts trusts the Lord and refuses to allow anything to bring him low because he knows that God never fails those who put all their hope and trust in His love and tender compassion.

Keep us safe from the snares of the devil.  Cover us in Your precious Blood and fill us with the wisdom, power and truth that comes from living in intimacy with Your most Holy Spirit.  

Christians will always be persecuted, help us to stand firm on the Rock that is Peter, on the foundation of the Apostolic Church and the Cornerstone which is You.

Thank You for the hope I have of eternal happines with You once my life on earth is at an end.


Psalm 89-2-3, 6-7, 16-17

 16 Blessed is the people who know your praise. They walk in the light of your face. 17 They celebrate all day your name and your protection lifts them up.

I am blessed because I belong to You.  I praise You because I know You.  I walk in the Light that radiates from You.  I celebrate Your Name because it is the only Name given to us by which all are saved.  Your mighty protection sustains all that You have created.  Hold me close to our heart and do what You will with me.
 
Mark 16:16:15-20

 My Beloved, I have a mission.  You have commanded that my whole life be a witness to Your marvelous love that has saved us from the jaws of eternal death.

Your Name is above all other names and by its mighty power signs and wonders are possible in every day and age.

Lord I believe, may my faith be so compelling that it draws others to the fullness and knowledge of Truth and Love.  Empower me in Your Name so I may spread Your message of love and mercy to everyone I encounter today and everyday.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment