Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hosea 6:1-6, Psalm 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab, Luke 18:9-14

                                            22nd Day in Lent
  Remember that the price for every sin you have ever committed from the gravest to the least has been paid for.  It is right that you feel great sorrow for the wounds those sins caused Me. True sorrow leads to contrition and a resolve to sin no more. Do not let past sins weight you own - they have been confessed and have been lost in the ocean of My mercy and love but let the knowledge of your past sins keep you humble and compassionate.

Isaiah 43:18-19
18 But do not dwell on the past, or remember the things of old. 19 Look, I am doing a new thing: now it springs forth.Do you not see?I am opening up a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
=============================================

 DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Hosea 6:1-6, Psalm 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab, Luke 18:9-14
 

Hosea 6:1-6

JESUS MEEK AND HUMBLE OF HEART
MAKE MY HEART LIKE UNTO THINE
2...on the third day, he will raise us up, and we shall live in his presence.

This is exactly what You have done for us Lord!
Beloved You invite us to come to know You. You remind us that Your return is as certain as the days. You will come as the Righteous Judge and all will have to account for how they have lived out the great commandment of Love of God and and before all else and love and service to our neighbor. 

My Beloved, no earthly love can love as tenderly, compassionately and passionately as You do.   I am so sorry my Love that such a poor, weak, bruised, flickering thing my love is that it can easily be put out were it not for Your Holy Spirit that provides the grace to keep the poor little flame alive. 

I want to love You Beloved with all the fervor that my weak heart, mind, soul and body is capable of. 

Psalm 51:3-4, 18-19, 20-21ab

My Beloved, You and I both know to what lengths I can sink into the slime of sin.  Thank You for Your love that sustains, upholds and keeps me safe from the snares and lures around me. 

I do offer You a broken heart and a contrite spirit my Lord, accept these and keep me from ever offending You grievously again.  

Pour Your grace upon Your holy Church, strengthen her walls and bar her gates so that evil can no longer gain a foothold in her.  Help Your anointed servants to lead Your people with Your light and once more raise up numerous holy men and women in whom You will delight. 

Luke 18:9-14

My Beloved, You never lost an opportunity to let the self-righteous and complacent know that You saw right into their hypocrisy and recognized that the virtues they put on display for the world to see and commend, were nothing more than filthy rags in the sight of God.  You strip the mask of the hypocrite so he can see himself for who and what he truly is.
It is a grace to see ourselves as God sees us - sinners who are aware that they are so weak that they fall constantly in big ways and small and are always in need of God's compassion, mercy and forgiveness.

Keep me from being like the Pharisee Lord. There is a tendency in my sometimes to think like him.

Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto Thine. AMEN!  



No comments:

Post a Comment