Sunday, February 10, 2013

Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8, 1 Corinthians 15:1-11, Psalm 138:1-8, Luke 5:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8, 1 Corinthians 15:1-11, Psalm 138:1-8, Luke 5:1-11

Isaiah 6:1-2a, 3-8 
TOUCH MY LIPS WITH YOUR HOLY SPIRIT
 My Beloved, touch my lips with Your Holy Spirit and burn away all that is unclean in me.  I am a sinner, weak and on my own strength I can do nothing.  Help me Lord as You have always done in the past.  Sustain me with Your Love and with Your Body and Blood.  Grant that like the prophet Isaiah I too may always respond generously to Your call and answer, "Here I am.  Send me!"

1 Corinthians 15:1-11

The Good News on which we build our lives has a firm foundation and You, my Beloved are its Cornerstone.  You have chosen Peter to be the Rock and You promised that Your Holy Spirit would guide and preserve Your Church from error.

The Good news is unchanging, it is the same yesterday, today and forever.  It is handed down from generation to generation exactly as it was received 2000 plus years ago.  You died, You rose from the dead, You ascended into heaven and You will come again in glory to claim all who belong to You.

Psalm 138:1-8

My Beloved how can I thank You enough for saving me, for hearing me when I called and rescuing me from the pit of death.  You have saved me and restored grace to my soul.  Your words are spirit and life and they provide strength when I am weary and light when darkness floods me.  Thank You for Your loving Presence above me watching over me.  Thank You my Beloved for loving me and being my ever present help always.  Flood my soul with Your grace and Your Spirit so I may be pleasing to You always.

Luke 5:1-11

 My Beloved, You stood by the lake and saw the crowd hungry for Your Word.  You saw their need and You knew that You would need others to help You once You returned to Your Father.  The person You were about to choose was busy with the business of earning a livelihood for himself and his family.  Your choice fell on Peter, You got into his boat and we know that where Peter is there is the Church.  From this Church all that You  said and did  is preserved and taught exactly as received by the Apostles. 

Once we have heard the Word we must put that Word into action and catch people for God.  We may make several excuses for not obeying God but in the end we must move out of our comfort zone and do as You command even though we believe that nothing positive will result.  We are called to be obedient and faithful and leave the results to You.

When Peter obeyed, his faith was rewarded beyond his expectation.  So it is with us, once we encounter You, we see how frightfully weak and sinful we are and You reassure us that You came for sinners like us.  It is in the measure that we are willing to give up that we are filled.  The more we empty ourselves, the great the room for You and Your Holy Spirit. Come Lord Jesus! Come Holy Spirit and fill me with Your love, peace and Holy Presence now and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment