Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16bc, 17, 21 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12



12th DAY IN LENT
 Come to Me I am an ever present reality in you. In every situation in your life turn to Me as eagerly as a child to its father. In times of trouble, fear, anguish, joy run to Me I will scoop you up in my arms eagerly. Gladly will I listen to all you have to tell Me.


Psalm 36:8-10
How precious, O God, is your constant love! 
Mortals take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
In your house they find rich food 
and they  drink  from your  spring of de­light.
10 For with you is the fountain of life, 
in your light we see light.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 1:10, 16-20, Psalm 50:8-9, 16bc, 17, 21 & 23, Matthew 23:1-12

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Isaiah 1:10, 16-2


My Beloved, ever since God created us we have sinned and gone astray and God has come after us His unfaithful, sinful, shameless people and He has pleaded with us with words of incomparable love, cajoling and warning of the dire consequence of our actions much as a father does a recalcitrant child. 

God loves us so much, He desires that all His children be saved and so He sent You, God, His Son, to take upon Yourself our sins beginning from the first to the last. God pays the price for our iniquity. To think that God loves us so much that He was willing to go to such unfathomable lengths is proof that God does love us as a Father and will do anything to save His children no matter how unworthy they are of His love.

Psalm 50:8-9, 16bc, 17, 21 & 23

All our good deeds and our half hearted sacrifices are as filthy rags before You. They lack merit because they lack love. The worst sin that we commit Lord is our disobedience to Your law of love so every word or prayer that comes from our lips is tainted. Our attempts at living holy lives are unconvincing and dependent on the emotion of the moment.

Lord God give me a grateful heart. Because You have created me in love I have hope of being united with You in this present life and in eternity. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit so He may teach me to walk in the way of the Lord my God. In verse 23 You promise that

"....the one who walks blamelessly,

I will show him the salvation of God.”

Matthew 23:1-12

The road to heaven is paved with the virtues of obedience and humility. It is a long, winding, narrow and rough road. One may stumble often and even fall and get bruised but this road is filled with the ever present reality of the Presence of Christ, the Son of God and all the Saints who have followed Him from earth to heaven.

In Verse 8 my Beloved You remind us that ALL without qualification are my brothers and sisters, our common humanity unites us. Help me never to forget this truth with the help of Your Holy Spirit.

Jesus meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment