Sunday, February 24, 2013

Genesis 15:5-12, 17-18, Philippians 3:17-4:1, Psalm 27:1, 7-9, 13-14, Luke 9:28b-36







2nd Sunday in Lent
 Do you know how I long to be with you. To have you aware of My Presence and My love. Sometime your thoughts are faraway from Me and I look at you and wait patiently for your distractions to cease and for you to turn the focus of your thoughts back to Me again.  How pleased I am that you are trying to remain aware of Me all the time. Continue to do so, ask the help of My Holy Spirit. I in you and you in Me all the time.

Genesis 15:1
 “Do not be afraid, Abram, I am your shield;"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Genesis 15:5-12, 17-18, Philippians 3:17-4:1, Psalm 27:1, 7-9, 13-14, Luke 9:28b-36
http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Genesis 15:5-12, 17-1


My Beloved, ages have passed since the time that You asked Abraham to look up at the sky and count the stars promising him that his descendants would be just as numerous. What Abraham would have seen on looking up at the night sky was a brilliant star encrusted vault over him.

Today we know that the promise made to Abraham is true for we have the largest number of Christians who worship, adore and acknowledge the one true God.

Abraham asked how shall this be - how am I to know? and God graciously shows him by making a irrevocable Covenant with him.  God loves us so much that He is willing to make allowances for us and show us with signs that His promises are eternal.

We are living in a time of darkness and terror seizes us as we see evil rearing its ugly head everywhere. The purifying fire will pass over the earth destroying all that is worthless but those who believe in the Lamb who became a willing Victim for our sins will be saved and will live eternally.
 
Philippians 3:17-4:1

My Beloved, how confidently St. Paul could say, "Imitate me and imitate those who like me walk in the way of Christ." We have many saints in the Church living exemplary lives beginning with our Holy Father, the enemies of the Church are legion and growing as they preach a gospel of the world, the flesh and the devil. They profess the merits of living a life of ease and self indulgence. A live devoid of the Cross.  But for us who believe and walk the narrow road, we have Your assurance that we are marked for heaven.  You will take our poor bodies and make them like Your Own as we share in Your glory.  Keep us patient and faithful to the end my Lord.

Psalm 27:1, 7-9, 13-14

Verse 1 I hide in the shelter of Your wings close to Your heart where I can hear it steady beat assuring me of Your love and protection.  I do seem Your Face Beloved from the moment I awake to when I close my eyes at night and even then I turn my sleeping countenance to You. My life is in You my hope is in You and my reward is assured for You have made a Covenant of Love with me.

Luke 9:28b-36

My Beloved, please take me with You always as You took Peter, James and John up to the mountain, the City of God to pray.  Grant O Lord through Your Holy Spirit that my ears be always attuned to Your Voice and hearing may I always obey and accept Your will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment