Thursday, January 3, 2013

1 John 2:29---3:6, Psalm 98:1, 3-6, John 1:29-34


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

1 John 2:29---3:6, Psalm 98:1, 3-6, John 1:29-34

1 John 2:29---3:6

If I am a child of God then I must reflect God in all that I am and do.  I have not seen God but I have seen His Son and I know Him.  If I imitate Jesus in all things, then I can be called a daughter of God.  Every thought, word and deed must be influenced by my love for Him and His for me.  Every sin in an offence to the law of love and so with His help I must avoid every occasion of sin.

My Beloved Jesus, You have revealed that the Father desires that I be one with You, in this way I will be united to Him and His Spirit who will make us one and keep us one – You with me and He with me.  Grant me all the grace I need each day to live in love.  Love alone will help me to avoid offending God through sin.

 Psalm 98:1, 3-6

My Beloved, every day is a day to rejoice for all that God has done for us.  We rejoice that in You we are made children of God.  Grafted on to Your Body we receive God’s own life in us.  We have a glorious destiny – eternal life in God’s Kingdom.  All this is possible because You submitted in loving obedience to Your Father’s will.  Love alone prompted Him to restore what we had lost through our disobedience.  Thank You Lord Jesus for giving us a reason to sing, shout and rejoice for all the marvels God has done for us through You.

John 1:29-34

My Beloved, thank You for identifying so completely with sinners even though You are sinless, holy, pure and perfect.  You stand in complete solidarity with us whom You have redeemed.  You became one like us in order that You might understand our weaknesses and know that sometimes it is really hard not to give into temptation because we are weak and so we fall.  You understand when we stumble and when we come to You in sorrow, contrition and repentance, You hasten to forgive us and restore what we lost.  Thank You for the Sacraments that are a perennial source of grace and strength.  Thank You Jesus, Son of the Living God for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment