Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:



My Beloved, You remind us to be submissive and obedient to all who have authority over us in every sphere of life.  We need a hierarchy if there is to be order and we need to pray that they may rule wisely.  All legitimate authority must be obeyed, in doing so we honor You.  We are also reminded to be ready to do good; taking advantage of every opportunity to be of service. 

As Catholics and Christians we must shine as a light in the world.  We must set the example, we must show the way by living good, holy and exemplary lives.  People must look at us and imitate us because we take our cue from You and imitate You.

Before our encounter with You and the relationship that we now enjoy with You; we were as all are who have been ignorant of You, but since then we have tried through grace to obey Your commandments to love God and to love our neighbor.  

If we are still not all we ought to be then it is time to take a good long hard look at ourselves and change.  You have saved us and paid too exorbitant a price for us to continue in ignorance of all You have done for us.  While it is true that our good works by themselves are worthless, yet when they flow from a heart that is in love with You and are inspired by Your Holy Spirit, they become proof of our love.  True love as Scripture reminds us makes itself visible in action and service.  Thank You for the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation that have made us children of God and  given us the Holy Spirit that makes it possible for us to become saints.


My Beloved, this is one of my favorite psalms.  The very first verse gave me much courage and helped me to cling to its promises when I had a difficult task at hand a few years ago.  I thank You Lord for speaking so powerfully and comfortingly to me through just that one verse, "The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want."  It gave me all the hope, strength, courage, peace and calm I needed when I most needed it.  Had You not helped me to see and hear Your voice and feel Your powerful presence during that really worrying and anxious time I would have thrown up my hands in despair, frustration and fear.  

Thank You Lord for every line of this most beautiful, comforting and loving psalm which reminds us that You are a God of Love who loves us even though we are not always what You created us to be.  Thank You  for leading, guiding, feeding, comforting, healing and loving us in season and out of season.  Help us to follow Your example always.


My Beloved, prolonged indulgence in sinful activities paralyses the soul and deadens the flesh making it insensitive to grace.  We become blind to the grossness of our actions and to the horror that sin separates and alienates us from God who is Love, Truth. Goodness and Beauty.

We give up our beautiful baptismal garments in exchange for obscene, spiritual nakedness clothing ourselves in filthy rags.  We proudly ring a bell announcing to the world that we are unclean so that all that is good, clean and wholesome may stay away from us.  We bond with like minded sinners quite unaware that are eternal souls have become a cesspool containing the filthy, rotten mess of our sins.

When grace finally pierces us and we become aware of the obscenity  we have become and desire to return home to You, we will always find You ready to forgive, cleanse, heal and restore to perfect health, wholeness and well being in body, heart, mind, soul and spirit.

In the Sacrament of Reconciliation we rejoice at the marvels God has done for us.  But how many of  are truly aware of this Gift? How many of us fall on our knees before You and say thank You and praise You my Lord and my God for so marvelously restoring me into the family of good and for restoring my inheritance?  May I always be like the foreigner who returned to fall on his face before You in worship and give thanks for all You have done for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment