Sunday, October 7, 2012

Job 42:1-6, 12-17, Psalm 119:66,71, 75, 91, 125, 130, Luke 10:17-24


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:

M--- Mine, believe that all you have asked for in faith you have received.  This is Your Daddy God, TRUST ME!
 


My Beloved, You are all powerful and You have a glorious plan for my life – but it is only a plan, I have to accept it and with Your help carry it out in order for it to become a reality.  No, Your plans cannot be thwarted Beloved, but I could refuse to be the instrument through whom You work and if I do, You will choose another. So no, Your plans are never thwarted but in refusing to let Your choice rest on me and doing the work You wish to entrust to me, I would have lost the opportunity to be a part of Your glorious plan.

Being a cradle Catholic, growing up in a Catholic boarding school from the most tender age of four, spending my college years yet again in another convent, my ears most certainly heard Your voice.  Through my late teenage years though my faith was only something I had a nodding acquaintance with until the day my eyes saw You.  Then my faith became real and when I made a personal act of faith in You, I placed all my hope in You and I vowed to love You with all the fervor that this poor, weak sinner is capable of.  I repented and You forgave.  Thank You.


Verse 71   
71 It is good for me to have been afflicted, for I have deeply learned your statutes.

How true my Beloved, after eating and drinking of the bread of sorrow and tears I drew close to You - my strength, my hope, my peace, my joy and my love.

Verse 125
125 Give me knowledge; I am your servant who desires to understand your statutes.

This is my prayer to You my Lord, the greater and more intimate my knowledge of You the more will I adore, worship and praise You.

Verse 130
130 As your words unfold, light is shed, and the simple-hearted un­derstand.

Your Word, the ETERNAL WORD, reveals and manifests the God of Love.  My heart understands as wisdom shed the light of knowledge on my soul and this little nothing is granted the gift of understanding.
 
 18 Then Jesus replied, “I saw ­Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 You see, I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the Enemy, so that nothing will harm you. 20 Nevertheless, don’t rejoice because the evil spirits submit to you; rejoice rather that your names are written in heaven.”
21 At that time Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit and said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and made them known to the little ones. 22 Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. I have been given all things by my Father, so that no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and he to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”

My Beloved, I had a dream in the very early hours of this morning, I saw the sky go black and I heard a mighty clap of thunder followed by lightening that was like a great big ball of fire.  The dream lasted for a brief moment only.  

As I read today's Gospel passage I recalled the dream.  Is there a personal message for me.  Is this Your answer to my tears and my supplication  before You.  Because I am nothing I know that I am counted among Your little ones.  You are opening my heart and mind to the treasures of Your wisdom and knowledge.  Things that once were hard to comprehend are so much easier with the Gift of Your Helper, the Holy Spirit.  You have been most generous to me because You are a magnificent and magnanimous Lover and You reveal the Father love to me. Thank You my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment