Thursday, September 6, 2012

1 Corinthians 3:18-23, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 5:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  1 Corinthians 3:18-23, Psalm 24:1-6, 
                                                                    Luke 5:1-11



My Beloved, it would do us well to heed St. Paul’s cautionary advise and not become admirers of tin pot gods.  We set up human beings on pedestals and we give them an image that is false and larger than life.  We celebrate their sins as if they were virtues and we even follow them and seek to emulate them.  True wisdom is to know You, love You, obey You and follow You.  To contemplate day and night Your perfect law of Love and to make it to the rule of our live.



Who will ascend the mountain of the Lord on the wings of an eagle in prayer and there in the holy place gaze on the Face of God?  The one who has clean hands and a pure heart.  My hands have not always been clean nor my heart always pure.  Thank You my Love for the beautiful gift of the Sacrament of Reconciliation where can start over with a clean slate no matter how often we fall or how low we sink.

Desiring what is vain and swearing to lies out of fear or for personal gain is the sure road to sorrow, dissatisfaction and dismay.  How often I have desired things that have made me discontented with my present lot instead of appreciating the gifts I have.  How often I have pretended to be what I most certainly am not in order to be accepted by those whom I admired.  Keep my desires simple Lord, give me a grateful heart and may I always be true to who I am – a child o f God – daughter of the Father, bride of the Son and bound by cords of Love to God by His Most Holy Spirit.

My Love, may I live up to my potential more and more each day through the grace that You make available to me.


My Beloved this is such a powerful passage.  There is a crowd gathered around You listening to Your teaching of the Word of God.  There are two boats on the water’s edge.  You chose to get into Peter’s boat, You asked him to leave the shore a little and You continue to teach as You do to this day through the successors of Peter and in the Boat of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.  We have the unvarnished, untarnished Truth being preached and taught to us boldly, clearly, unhesitatingly and without compromise despite the pressure from the world.

Put out into the depths of the Holy Spirit and with courage walk on the side of Truth.  Trust God and abandon yourself to Him.  Work untiringly and God will make that work fruitful for His glory.

Thank You Lord for our Church, for our Pope and for You abiding, eternal Presence in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment