Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21, Psalm 59:2-4, 10-11, 17-18, Matthew 13:44-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:




My Beloved, it is true that those who are called by Your Name, Christians, are often hated by those who are ignorant.  They know nothing about You nor do they know what it is we believe.  A true Christian, one after Your Own heart, one who is another Christ, is anathema to the world simply because it holds up a mirror to those who would rather live lives without commitment to all that is truly good, noble and Godly,

Beloved, Your mercy and compassion have fallen on me as softly and gently as dew on the grass. You have restored and refreshed me.  Your Word illumines my life and shows me the way.  It guides me along the path You wish me to follow.  Every time I strayed, You sought me and brought me back into the shelter under Your wings.  I belong to You Lord without reserve.  Use me Beloved for Your glory.
 

You O my Beloved are everything the Psalmist sings of in these verses and so much more.  Thank You for being my Rock, my Stronghold, my Fortress and my Deliverer in whom I have placed all my trust.


Beloved, the Kingdom of heaven is the  treasure and the pearl of great price given to us at our Baptism.  There it lies hidden/buried in our soul until that moment of awakening to Truth, an awareness of the magnitude of this priceless, precious Gift, and we are prepared to give up all we have in order to keep this treasure and allow its riches to shape and adorn our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment