Thursday, August 30, 2012

1 Corinthians 1:1-9, Psalm 145:2-7, Matthew 24:42-51


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS




My Beloved, these words written by St. Paul give me great hope, joy and encouragement.  You and I both know, You better than I, how truly weak I am and how readily I fall into the traps and snares set for me by my own inclinations towards pride and self-righteousness.  I may fool myself my Beloved but I cannot fool You.  Despite this You continue to love me faithfully.  Your love does not vacillate like  mine.  Because I am one with You, grafted on to You and a member of the Church which is Your Body, I can lay claim to every grace and blessing that flows from You to Your Church.  Keep me under the shelter of Your wing my Lord for I need Your constant help and protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment