Thursday, June 7, 2012

2 Timothy 2:8-15, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14, Mark 12:18-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  2 Timothy 2:8-15, 
                                                                   Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14, Mark 12:18-37


2 Timothy 2:8-15

This is the Good News my Beloved that You have risen from the dead.  This is the reason for my hope.  The reason I awake joyfully each morning is because You my Redeemer lives and I am glad.  No matter what I may have to endure in this life, with You beside me, with the Holy Spirit residing in me and with God as my Father I can do all things, bear all things, for I face life not on my own strength but with the power of God and my faith in You.  I can only have pity and compassion for those whose faith is weak and who refuse to believe in the work of salvation that draws all things back to God.  Those who choose to live their lives apart from You because they refuse to believe or put their faith and trust in You despite all God has done for us through You are indeed to be pitied.  I face the daily battle of life with You beside me and so I am victorious.

Help me always to be true to You and to cling to Your Word.  May I stay close to the Church for Your wisdom is given to her and it is through her that You channel streams of living grace through the Sacraments that she administers in Your Name.  She is filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit and she alone can teach without error on all matters pertaining to faith and morals.  We can trust her implicitly for she can never lead us astray.  We have Your Word that it is so and I believe.
 
Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10, 14

Verse 8-10
Good and upright, the Lord teaches sinners his way.
He teaches the humble of heart and guides them in what is right.
10 The ways of the Lord are love and faithfulness for those who keep his cov­enant and precepts.

Beloved, I could dwell before You in the Adoration Chapel the whole day and be perfectly happy.  But You also live in me and make me Your sanctuary, so I do dwell in Your Presence all day and I rejoice.
 
Mark 12:18-37

My Beloved, asking questions and listening to the answers is one way of knowing what the character of a person is like for the answer is a reflection of the person's beliefs.  So it was with the Teacher of the Law or Scribe.  He asked You a question to which he knew the answer but he wanted to know how You would respond to it. 

"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 And after this comes another one: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." 

This is the pattern by which those who love God must live their lives.  It must be their code of conduct always.  Love for God with all the fervor of one's being - heart, mind, soul, body and spirit is the call of every Christian, it is from this love flows all other love for only if we put Your first, foremost and above all will all other love.  It is only when we put Your first, foremost and above all else, will every other love have its proper place.

The teacher, impressed with Your answer addresses You as Master for he recognized You as one who has authority to teach.  You spoke with wisdom and being God You knew that the teacher of the law was a good man who loved and honored God and was on the true path to the Kingdom.

May it be so for all of us all who love You, live for You and are guided by You.  You will see us safely home to Your Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment