Wednesday, June 27, 2012

2 Kings 22:8-13, 23:1-3, Psalm119:33-34, 36-37, 40, Matthew 7:15-20

DAILY HOLY MASS READING:     2 Kings 22:8-13, 23:1-3
                                                             Psalm119:33-34, 36-37, 40
                                                             Matthew 7:15-2


In these Scripture verses found in the Old Testament, we are told that the Book of the law was found in the House of Yahweh.

The God of Love and the Word of the God of Love together with the Holy Spirit who is the bond of love between the Father and the Son is found in His Church.  It is here that the Word of God dwells and is present in fullness.

My Beloved, You have given us the law of love which has its origins in God the Father and is made manifest in You through the working of the Holy Spirit.  All leaders of Christian nations and most especially the spiritual leaders in the Church have to be guided by this Law of Love.  It must be their guiding principle.  Your Word must be the rule of life and they are called to lead by example.  King Josiah is to be admired.  

We read this in verse 23:3 
 
"3 The king stood by the pillar; he made a covenant in the presence of Yah­weh, promising to follow him, to keep his commandments and laws, and to respect his ordinances. He promised to keep this covenant according to what was written in the book with all his heart and with all his soul. And all the people promised with him."
 His actions are most edifying and so it ought to be in our own day and age within the Church and among all nations who have their roots and origin in Christianity.  However the opposite is true nations are falling all over themselves to deny that there is a God or that there are such things as a Christian spiritual and moral code of life that must be practiced in every sphere of our existence.  

My Beloved, together with the psalmist I too pray that You might pour on me a full measure of Your Holy Spirit in order that I may receive through Him understanding and insight only then will I be able to obey Your will and be faithful to Your commandments.  I am weak, I am self-indulgent, I allow my feelings to dictate my actions rather than exercising my will over my  emotions in order to direct them rightly.  Vanity Lord, I am full of vanity in every stripe and hue.  Teach me Lord how fleeting life is.  Too soon will this life end and then what shall  I have to bring before You my Lord - empty hands and an even emptier heart?  In Your mercy and love help me, strengthen me and give me the desire to always choose to do that which I know to be right and true only then will I glorify You alone always.



Who is a false prophet?  He or she whose actions are in complete contradiction to his or her words.  Such a person says one thing but does something else.  There is a lack of consistency in the saying and in the doing.  Even worse what they say and do are in complete contradiction to Your revealed Word.  There is a deliberate desire to mislead and twist the truth in order to make it more palatable to their hearers.  There is a persistence in holding on to an erroneous position or a deliberate desire not to accept the validity of an argument despite being made aware of the divine logic behind the reasoning.    We see this rampant among our protestant brothers and sisters - the various Christian denominations who doggedly insist the Catholic position is so and so and such and such despite explaining until we are blue in the face that it is not so or explaining that the Catholic position is not either or and theirs almost always is.  Sola Scriptura or Sola fides.  The Catholic Church is wholeness, fullness, Life, Truth and Light to illuminate the Way.

Beloved You make it fairly easy to see whether we ourselves or those who act in Your Name are producing good fruit or not. By our fruits will we be known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment