Thursday, June 14, 2012

1 Kings 18:41-46, Psalm 65:10-13, Matthew 5:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:  1 Kings 18:41-46, Psalm 65:10-13, 
                                                                   Matthew 5:20-26


1 Kings 18:41-46

My Beloved after the three and a half years of drought You opened the heavens and the rain fell.  You do not remain angry forever no matter how gravely we sin.  You will relent and You will continue to woo us back  to Yourself for You love us.  From Your sea of mercy Your grace rises to spread and encompass us.  You hasten to forgive when we are sorry.  The clouds, the wind and the rain come together to make the earth fruitful again. The cloud is God's Presence,  the wind is the Breath of Your Holy Spirit that hovers over us and brings with Him the rain of Your love, mercy and compassion.  Thank You my Lord.

Psalm 65:10-13

Just as You care for the earth and render it fruitful to feed all, so too do You watch and care for Your people and make provision for all our needs both spiritual and temporal.  your loving hand of kindness and protection is always over those who love You and trust in Your providence with childlike simplicity.  You never disappoint those who yield their lives to You in love.

Matthew 5:20-26

Beloved Jesus, there is much instruction in these verses.  You take what is imperfect and You perfect it with divine truth and wisdom.  You show us the way to live each day in a way that is pleasing to God.  

We are constantly putting each other down and You tell us that we have to treat each other with consideration, kindness and respect.  In other words as I treat myself I am called to treat others.  If anyone has anything against me I must be the one to approach and reconcile the differences between us.  This is certainly not the way of the world but if we lived according to Your precepts there would be peace and love among us always.  As long as I am alive, I have the opportunity to ask for forgiveness and make reparation for my sins; once I am dead then God who is a righteous judge will require me to make retribution in purgatory until I make full restoration for any wrongdoing against anyone.

Keep me sensitive to my conscience and to the prompting of Your gentle Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment