Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Psalm 4

DAILY MEDITATION:  PSALM 4

Psalm 4

My Beloved every time I have called You  ever since I can remember, You have always answered.  When I was heartbroken and I cried for comfort, You came to hold me  and to offer me Your consolation.  You have always been kind, merciful and compassionate even when I sinned and offended You.  You remind me today that although I may get angry Iought not to let my emotions lead me to offend anyone.  I must keep my words in check as I tend to talk too much and to be too effusive in my words.    It is better to speak less and control my emotions and I will embarrass myself less with my foolishness.

The sacrifice most pleasing to You is a humble heart and a contrite spirit.  May I offer You these each day when I come to offer You the sacrifice of my life in union with Your one, holy and perfect sacrifice which we commemorate at every Holy Eucharist.   Nothing and nobody makes me as joyful as You do from the moment I wake up and until I lied down to sleep in the evening.  You alone are my peace, my refuge and my safety, the Rock on Whom I stand firm and unmoved.  Thank You Beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment