Sunday, May 27, 2012

NOVENA TO THE HOLY SPIRIT - FEAST OF PENTECOST - ACTS 2:1-4,33-26; MATTHEW 16:24-27


27TH MAY 2012
 PENTECOST
ACTS 2:1-4, 33-26 

Beloved, today the Church celebrates the feast of Pentecost, it is her birthday and we rejoice at the marvels the Holy Spirit has accomplished in the Church ever since You poured out Your Holy Spirit on her and on her members after Your Ascension into Heaven where You are now seated at the right hand of the Father.  

The Church has received the same Spirit that the Father entrusted to You.  I(t is the same Spirit that we receive at Baptism.  It is the same Spirit that guides the Church and protects her from teaching error.  It is the same Spirit that transforms us and makes us like You, alter Christus, in the worthy reception of the sacraments.  Thank You for this most awesome Gift - the Gift of Your Holy Spirit to the Church.


Matthew 16:24-27
My Beloved there is no denying the Cross if one truly wants to be Your disciple.  Nobody wants to suffer Lord and yet You have shown us that there is no better way to become like You than by following Your example in embracing all that the Father wills for my life.  All the good things life has to offer and all the ways in one can indulge the senses may not be sinful and yet they do little to help form me into another Christ.  Sating the senses is self indulgent and leads to a dulling of the spirit - if I wish to be instrument of Your Holy Spirit then I need to discipline myself.  If I wish to receive a reward from Your bounty when You come again in the glory of Your Father then I must imitate You in all things all the time.  Help me Beloved.  Grant me a fresh outpouring of Your Holy Spirit in order that I may be always pleasing to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment