Monday, April 23, 2012

Sirach 14:13, 20-27

DAILY INSPIRATION:  Sirach 14:13, 20-27

Sirach 14:13, 20-27

13 Be good to your friend before you die and be generous to him in any way you can.
  

 
20 Happy the one who is intent on wisdom and who can reply to those who question him; 21 who makes his own the ways of wisdom and meditates on her secrets; 22 who pursues her like a hun­ter, lies in wait by her paths, 23 peeps in at her windows and listens at her doors; 24 he sets up camp near her house, fix­ing his stakes in her walls.
25 He places his tent in the hands of wisdom; he stays in a happy lodging. 26 He places his sons beneath her protection and finds shelter beneath her branches. 27 He is shaded by her from the heat and makes his camp in her glory.

Grant my Beloved that I too may pursue wisdom.  To gain wisdom one has to be prepared to search for it, to make sacrifice, to gain self mastery.  One must be faithful and disciplined.  I have been a dilletante all my life in the pursuit of knowledge but now that I wish to pursue more than mere knowlege, I wish to pursue Divine Wisdom herself, I have to do so with a single minded and dedicated purpose.  I know myself for what I am Lord and so do You.  Will You, my Beloved, sustain me with Your firm hand and steady me and give me the grace necessary to pursue her.  Grant me the strength of character required to deny myself the desire to give way to lighter pursuits and frivolities that do not tax the mind or the spirit in any way.  If You will my Lord, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment