Tuesday, February 21, 2012

James 4:1-10, Psalm 55:7-11, 23, Mark 9:3--37

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  James 4:1-10, Psalm 55:7-11, 23, 
                                              Mark 9:30-37


James 4:1-10, 

My Beloved, as I stand on the threshold of Lent You have many things to say to me.  Grant me the grace to listen with an open heart and a sensitive spirit in order that I may do all You ask of me.  Teach me to go down on my knees this Lent and beg You to strengthen me so I can overcome my weaknesses which are legion.  be merciful to me Lord a sinner who wishes to please You always.  But I am weak willed my own true God help me!!!

Verse 5
 “The longing of the spirit He sent to dwell in us is a jealous longing?

"---- Mine, why do you moan, lament and wring your hands as if you are alone.  When you ask I give - believe that all you ask in faith has been granted you and act on it.  You have all you need for I am a generous God who withholds no good thing from those who ask in confidence and faith. I love you."


Psalm 55:7-11, 23

My Beloved, thank You for speaking to me so directly and clearly this morning.  I shall come away with You to be alone with You my Beloved.  I shall rest in You and I shall comfort You and in turn, You will comfort and strengthen me.  All my burdens I shall place on You who are my Rock, my Strength and my Deliverer.

Mark 9:30-37

36 Then he took a little child, placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes a child such as this in my name, welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me, welcomes not me but the One who sent me.”

My Beloved, help me to welcome all children for Your sake for I want You and the Father to find a welcome in me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment