Wednesday, February 15, 2012

James 1:19-27, Psalm 15:2-5, Mark 8:22-26

Daily Reading Holy Mass:  James 1:19-27, Psalm 15:2-5, Mark 8:22-26


James 1:19-27

What great advice the Holy Spirit gives me today through the letter of St. James.  Be quick to hear but slow to speak and slow to anger.  A word spoken hastily is irretrievable and the danger it causes can be immense.  May I always welcome You O Eternal Word of God and may You be rooted and planted within the centre of my being.  Grant that i may act on Your Word always, let it rule my life.  Teach me to hold my tongue and let me permit Your Word to prompt my actions.

Psalm 15:2-5

The Psalmist summarises all you say to me today Beloved.

This is want You ask of me

-To walk blamelessly
-Do what is right
-Speak the truth with conviction
-Control my words
-Harm no one
-Don't spread false and  vicious gossip
-Don't despise the sinner
-Show great respect for God's anointed especially His priests and religious
-Stand by your word
-Do not lend money at interest or take a bribe against the innocent.

Mark 8:22-26

Beloved, may my prayers to you for my brothers and sisters in need always be answered just as You answered the people who brought this blind man to You.  They asked You to touch and heal the man,  You responded as generously as only One who is God can.  You did all they asked and more.  You touched him not once but twice and his sight both spiritual and physical were restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment