Sunday, February 19, 2012

Isaiah 43:18-19, 24-25, 2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 41:2-4

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Isaiah 43:18-19, 24-25, 
                                                         2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 41:2-4

Isaiah 43:18-19, 24-25
 
18 But do not dwell on the past,
or remember the things of old.
19 Look, I am doing a new thing:
now it springs forth.
Do you not see?
I am opening up a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert.
25 I it is, I am He
who blots out your offenses for my own sake,
and remembers your sins no more.

My Beloved, here I am all of me belongs to You, all that I have You have given me as generously as only God could.  I have offended You often, help me to do better.   As I prepare myself this Lent, purify me and help me to always keep before my eyes Your goodness and mercy.  Give me a truly grateful heart.

2 Corinthians 1:18-22

May my whole life be one long and sustained, 'yes' to You Lord just as Yours is to me.  'Yes' to all Your plans for me, 'yes' to Your most holy will for my life - Amen.

Psalm 41:2-4
 
Blessed the one who has regard for the poor;

the Lord delivers him in time of trouble.

The Lord protects him, preserves his life,

and gives him happiness in the land;

he yields him not to the will of his foes.

The Lord helps him when he gets sick,

and heals him of all his ailments.

I have pleaded, “O Lord, have mercy on me;

heal me, in spite of all my iniquity.”

Beloved, help me to remember those less fortunate than I and to give them what I can. Help me not to become immune to the suffering around me simply because there is so much of it that there is a danger of becoming thick skinned and desensitized.

Mark 2:1-12

Beloved just as the friends of the paralytic made an an opening in the thatched roof so they could let the man down into Your Presence, so too did You let Your heart be opened by a lance so that I could be let down into Your heart and there find my home in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment