Thursday, January 19, 2012

1Samuel 18:6-9, 19:1-7, Psalm 56-2-3, 9-13, Mark 3:7-12

Daily Mass Readings:  1Samuel 18:6-9, 19:1-7, Psalm 56-2-3, 9-13, 
                                Mark 3:7-12
====================================================

1Samuel 18:6-9, 19:1-7

Preserve me from the sin of envy my Lord, it is a wicked and hateful thing to be envious of the good given by You to others; rather, may I rejoice and be glad when others receive from the storehouse of Your treasures both spiritual and temporal and may I praise You always.  Help me also to remember never to side with evil for temporal gain but to stay always on the side of Truth.

Psalm 56-2-3, 9-13

Verse 9 is very consoling my Beloved.
 
You have a record of my laments; my tears are stored in your wineskin. Are they not writ­ten on your scroll?

I am bound to You by the covenant of love that You have made with me.  You walk with me, You live in me, You made made my heart Your sanctuary and You help me all the time.  Because You are my strength, I walk unafraid, for You keep me from straying from the path of love.

 Mark 3:7-12

Beloved, You  healed all who came to You.  Every need was met in You, every hunger satisfied.  Having You, who needs anything else?  Three short years You preached, healed and taught.  You walked miles all over the country side, towns and villages and they came to You in droves.  Were there many who were indifferent when You were taken by the soldiers and Your passion leading to Your death began?  Were there  many among the crowd now baying for Your blood the same ones who just a short while earlier had cheered You on on Your triumphant entry into Jerusalem and hailed You as King?    Were there many among the crowed who were too afraid to stand on the side of Truth?  And at Pentecost were these same people present when St. Peter preached and many repented, believed and became Your most ardent followers?  I am certain that many of those who pressed around You and touched You were in turn touched by the Spirit and were truly converted because Your followers in  imitation of You laid down their life for Truth.  

Grant me Beloved a living, vibrant faith and teach me how to communicate this faith to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment