Sunday, December 11, 2011

Isaiah 61:1-2, 10-11, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24, John 1:6-8, 19-28, Luke 1:46-50, 53-54

Daily Mass Readings : Isaiah 61:1-2, 10-11, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24,
                                    John 1:6-8, 19-28,Luke 1:46-50, 53-54

Isaiah 61:1-2, 10-11

My Beloved, You hold Your hand out to me and You have shown me infinite, tender mercy and compassion.  You permitted me to reach out and grasp it and You pulled me out of the spirit of darkness, sin, desolation, sadness and tears.  You give me new joy and with Your Own Spirit living in me I can praise, adore, worship, glorify and live.  Thank You.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-24

 God's will and vocation for me is to:

- Rejoice always
- Pray without ceasing
- Give thanks to God at every moment.

I must be sensitive to the movement of the Holy Spirit and I must do nothing to quench it.

My Lord, You call me to be blameless in spirit, soul and body until You come.  you are faithful and You can accomplish this in me.  Of myself I can do nothing.


John 1:6-8, 19-28

If I truly wish to be like St. John, 'A voice that cries out in the wilderness,' I must be aware that I might not win the popularity vote.  No one is interested in the truth.  I must always be aware that I am not and I must constantly point out to the One who is the I AM, the One whose sandal strap that I am not worthy to untie.  He is the One who invites us into a relationship with Himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment