Saturday, November 5, 2011

Romans 12:1-2

Daily Meditation: Romans 12:1-2




Romans 12:1-2

I beg you, dearly beloved, by the mercy of God, to give yourselves as a living and holy sacrifice pleasing to God; that is the kind of worship for you, as sensible people. Don’t let yourselves be shaped by the world where you live, but rather be transformed through the renewal of your mind. You must discern the will of God: what is good, what pleases, what is perfect.

My Beloved, the kind of worship that is pleasing to the Father is the kind that is aware that it is through God's mercy alone that I can do what pleases Him.  I must be alive to Your life within me - a life that is vibrant, awake, alert and aware of what I am called to be in You, as a member of Your Body as one who is grafted on to You.  You who are my Bridegroom, I who am Your Bride for I am a member of Your Church. 

My whole life, in imitation of You, must be one of loving sacrifice.  It must be a life poured out selflessly, seeking only the good of others as this is pleasing to You my Beloved.

I am called to be shaped by Your Word, Your Church, unless I know You intimately, I cannot be renewed in mind, soul and spirit.  I must not let the world dictate terms to me.  What is pleasing to the world is abhorred to You my Lord.  Only through a well formed mind, intellect and conscience, can I seek to discern Your will.  Only in prayer and humility can I implore the Holy Spirit's grace to assist me in knowing and doing all that is good and perfect in Your sight.

---- Mine, there is much about You that is emotional, that remains on the level of feeling only.  There is a softness, a flab, a weakness towards self-indulgence, of closing your mind to what you must do and of giving in to the frivolity of the moment, or just plain laziness.  To desire to do My will and to actively accomplish it are two very different things.   You can desire to please me with all the fervor of your soul, all the sentimentality and emotion you can draw upon, yet it all means zilch if you do not put on your combat boots and gear your will into action to do what I ask of my followers, disciples and friends.

Thank You my Beloved for such plain speaking today.  I can choose to be a mediocre Christian or I can choose to be Your light that shines like a beacon on the hill top.  You have already provided all I need.  It is my turn to use all that You make available to be all that You have called me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment