Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Luke 7:37, 38, 48, 50

Daily Meditation:  Luke 7:37, 38, 48, 50


Luke 7:37, 38, 48, 50

37 And it happened that a woman of this town, who was known as a sinner, heard that he was in the Pharisee’s house. She brought a precious jar of perfume 38 and stood behind him at his feet, weeping. She wet his feet with tears, she dried them with her hair and kissed his feet and poured the perfume on them.
48 Then Jesus said to the wo­man, “Your sins are forgiven.”
50 But Jesus again spoke to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

My Beloved Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever, I thank You for the beautiful words You have given me today.  I came to You carrying in my soul my contrition and sorrow for my many sins.  I poured at Your feet my repentance and the sweet fragrance of Your forgiveness filled my being, the inner sanctuary where You dwell and You spoke these  sweet words of assurance that my sins are forgiven.  My faith which is Your gift to me has saved me. You have asked me to carry Your gift of peace into the world, please help me to do so.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment