Tuesday, November 29, 2011

John 1:19-34

Daily Meditation:  John 1:19-34



Beloved, if I am asked to testify how I see myself what will I say?  And if questioned further and asked what I believe and why I act and live the way I do what would my response be?  Would I be too intimidated, too afraid to witness to the Truth that is You or would I joyfully welcome the opportunity to speak about You?  How firmly am I rooted in the Truth?  Would I be willing to lay down my life for it as so many have done or would I prefer to cling to life and let go of You out of fear of ridicule or because of my desire for human respect which is fleeting?  Would I be ashamed or afraid to go against the current popular opinion and culture or would I like St. John the Baptist, think nothing of being the lone voice speaking loudly and clearly condemning evil evil where it is found unafraid because to do the will of God was fare more important than being thought well of by the world?

I know the Truth am I prepared to live it, testify to it, proclaim it and even to lay down my life for the Lamb of God who came to take away my sins and the sins of the world?

=========================================
---- Mine, you have a lot of questions to yourself today what is your response to each of them?  Do you love Me more than anyone or anything in your life?  If you do then be not afraid to witness to Me by the way you live in the world.  be My little light that shines in the midst of the darkness.

*************************************************
Beloved, grant me a full measure of Your Holy Spirit so that I may be filled with His gifts and use them to make You known and loved.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment