Monday, November 21, 2011

Isaiah 30:18-26

Daily Meditation:  Isaiah: 30:18-26

Isaiah: 30:18-26

 18 Yet the Lord waits to give you grace; he rises to show you compassion. 
For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him.
19 O people of Zion, who dwell in Jeru­salem, you will weep no more. 
When you cry, he will listen; when he hears, he will answer.
20 When the Lord has given you the bread of anguish and the water of distress, he, your teacher will hide no longer. 
21 Your own eyes will see him, and your ear will listen to his words behind you: “This is the way, walk in it.”
22 You will see the uncleanliness of your idols and images overlaid with silver and gold. 
You will throw them out like a menstrual cloth.“Away with you then!” you will say to them.
23 He will then give rain for the seed you sow and make the harvest abundant from the crops you grow. 
On that day your cattle will graze in wide pas­tures. 
24 Your beasts of burden will eat silage tossed to them with pitchfork and shovel.
25 For on the day of the great slaughter, when fortresses fall, streams of water will flow on every mountain and lofty hill.
26 The light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun seven times greater, like the light of seven days, when God binds up the wounds of his people and heals the bruises inflicted by his blows.


My Beloved, how can I thank You enough for all that You promise me today.  All these verses speak directly of my experience of You these last few weeks.  You waited patiently and expectantly as I strayed away from You.  I was unfaithful but You waited for grace to take hold of me and lead me back.  I have tasted Your sweetness so often that although I allowed weakness to overpower me, yet I knew all the while that I was distancing myself from You.  Grace alone led me to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, grace provided the required strength to realise  how I was willfully and wastefully squandering one of the most precious gifts You have given us, time.  You restored me and I now know that even this was necessary for it  has shown me how weak I really am and how easily I can lose my foothold if I let go of You for You who will not let go of me. 

Through this entire experience You have been present through the uneasiness of my conscience, until I could bear it no longer and I resolved to stop my dithering and value what You have given me.  The time lost is gone irrevocably but with Your help, I can make better use of the time granted and left to me from this moment on. 

Your voice, never silent, was softly and untiringly reminding me that I was deliberately and willfully withdrawing from You.  You made me realize that I was getting caught up and giving myself over to an idol but with Your help I was able to rid myself of it. 

With Your help my Lord, I will serve You as You ought to be served and You will permit me to see and savor the fruit of loving service.

You have torn down the walls of frivolous foolishness and marvelous rivers of grace have swept over my soul and restored me.

I rejoice in Your divine light which is greater than the light of the sun and I thank Mama Mary for keeping a watchful and vigilant eye over her errant daughter.

You have bound my wounds and healed me.  I rejoice as I praise, adore and glorify You my Beloved, my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment