Sunday, October 9, 2011

Psalm 23

Daily Meditation:  Psalm 23

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside the still waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me through the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil,
for you are beside me:
your rod and your staff comfort me.
You spread a table before me
in the presence of my foes.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup is overflowing.
Goodness and kindness will follow me
all the days of my life,
I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
as long as I live.

My Beloved, I belong to You. Every need is satisfied in You and so there is
nothing I shall ever want or lack. Life can be difficult sometimes but in You I will
find perfect rest. Like the disciple whom You loved, I can draw close to You and
rest my head on You. I need not go rampaging ahead on my own.  I give You my hand and with my fingers entwined around Yours I will permit You to lead me.

All my distress, worries, fears and anxieties melt like the morning mist in the radiance of Your Presence and I am renewed and refreshed.  Each Eucharist replenishes and strengthens.  Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.  I cannot stray from the path that leads to the Kingdom for Your Word Beloved is a sure guide.

Death is a part of life.  Each day as it draws to a close brings me closer to You.  That I walk in the valley of death every day is a part of the reality of life on earth which must end someday.  There is nothing to fear because I will pass from life to death to life.

Evil! 
What reason have I to fear evil when I walk with You Beloved.  Evil has been vanquished.  My God walks beside me and keeps away all predators who would dare to lay siege to my soul.  Your rod disciplines me and Your staff directs me.

You spread a banquet for me at every Eucharistic celebration and You pour the oil of Your grace on me till is runs over, every time I partake of the Sacraments.  My cup of joy is brimful and spills over because I am content in the blissful knowledge that I belong to You.  In life and in death my Beloved I am all Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment