Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jonah 4:1-22, Luke 11:1-4, Psalm 86:3-6, 9-10

Daily Meditation:  Jonah 4:1-22, Luke 11:1-4, Psalm 86:3-6, 9-10

Jonah 4:1-22

Beloved is it possible to be resentful because You are compassionate and merciful to all?  The answer unfortunately is yes, we grumble because those we dislike received great blessings and we are jealous.  We would rather die than see our rivals prosper.  What right have we to be angry?  None of us belong to ourselves, we are Yours and You are free to treat us exactly as You choose to.  We love it when You bless us and we become just as disgruntled when those blessings are taken away and we become as sullen and despondent again.  Just like Jonah who lost his perspective, I do the same.

Luke 11:1-4

You taught us the most beautiful prayer Beloved when You taught us to pray the Our Father.  You taught us how to structure our petitions and raise them to the Almighty.  Thank You for granting us the freedom to call Your Father, Our Father, our Abba, our Daddy God.  I know that each is given according to their needs.  Help me to be as generous in forgiving others as You have been in forgiving me.  Beloved, You know how weak I am, do not test me beyond my ability and strength to withstand the trial.  Thank You.

Psalm 86:3-6

3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I cry to you all day.
4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, for you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
You are good and forgiving, O Lord, caring for those who call on you.
Listen, O Lord, to my prayer, hear the voice of my pleading.

No comments:

Post a Comment