Monday, October 3, 2011

John 13:33-38

Daily Meditation: John 13:33-38

John 13:33-38
33 My children, I am with you for only a little while; you will look for me, but, as I already told the Jews, so now I tell you: where I am going you cannot come. 34 Now I give you a new commandment: love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
36 Simon Peter said to him, “Lord, where are you going?” Jesus answered, “Where I am going you cannot follow me now, but afterwards you will.” 37 Peter said, “Lord, why can’t I follow you now? I am ready to give my life for you.” 38 Jesus answered, “To give your life for me! Truly, I tell you, the cock will not crow before you have denied me three times.”


My Beloved, how tenderly You love us.  You know how terribly weak we are and without the Sacrifice of Your Life for our salvation, there is no way for us to be with You eternally in heaven.  I am so like Peter my Lord.  I want to be everything that You call me to be.  I long to reach the heights of perfection and holiness to which You have asked us to aspire to.  To strive after it atleast with all the fervor one is capable of through grace.  Filled with the bravado of Peter I have often made great promises only to stumble and fall at the first obstacle. 

Your call to love according the New Commandment which You have given us is so beautiful and seems so simple and but it is so hard to practice.  Yet You say that I am a liar if I say I love You but I fail to love my neighbor.  I have to love You in my neighbor whom I can see only then can I truthfully say that I love You.  If I do  not love my neighbor, I will never be able to follow You into the Kingdom.

I know that I will deny You more often than Peter did when I refuse to love You in those I find most difficult and almost impossible to love.  It seems I am doomed Beloved unless You intervene and help me to permit You who live in me to love through me.  HELP ME LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---- Mine, never has it been said that it is easy to enter heaven.  You have to become as a child to do so.  You can either be a traitor like Judas who ate with Me, who kissed Me and betrayed Me or You can be like Peter who repented sincerely.  After denying Me he gave himself over fully to Me.  No longer must you keep a record of wrongs and slights whether real or perceived.  If you want to be with Me, you have to make up your mind whether you for Me or against Me.

My Beloved, only by becoming childlike through total surrender and humility can I hope to love as You love.  Give me a heart like Yours, a love like Your love.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.  Hear my cry O Lord and hasten to answer me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment