Sunday, October 16, 2011

Isaiah 45:1, 4-6, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-5, Matthew 22:15-21, Psalm 96-1, 3, 4-5, 7-10

Daily Mass Readings:  Isaiah 45:1, 4-6, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-5, 
                                    Matthew 22:15-21, Psalm 96-1, 3, 4-5, 7-10
Isaiah 45:1, 4-6

1 Thus says Yahweh to his anointed, to Cyrus:
“I have taken you by the right hand
to subdue nations before you
and strip kings of their armor,
to open the gateways before you
so that they will be closed no more.
4 For the sake of Jacob my servant,
of Israel my chosen one,
I have called you by your name
and given you your mission
although you do not know me.
5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
there is no God besides me.
I armed you when you did not know me,
6 so that, from the rising
to the setting of the sun,
all may know
that there is no one besides me;
I am the Lord, and there is no other.


My Beloved, You have permitted me to enter into the Sanctuary of Your Covenant.  You ave opened the Way for me.  You  have called me tenderly by my name.  You  have given me a mission to make You known and loved.  There is no other God but You Abba - may all people everywhere give You praise honor and glory and may all who know You spread the knowledge of You to the whole world.


1 Thessalonians 1:1-5

My Beloved, I have been given plenty of everything and so I lack nothing.  I am equipped and ready to step out boldly and live my life as one who is called to Your vineyard to spread the seed of Your Word and with Your help, I will do all I can to spread Your Kingdom.


Matthew 22:15-21

Beloved, evil tried to trap You using flattery.  They hated You because You did not try to impress them or seek to please them.  They were irritated and annoyed as they saw themselves as the legitimate teachers and leaders and they felt slighted because You did not give them the importance they thought they deserved.  Once again they were routed thoroughly by You.

Those who work for You need never be worried.  You will help us to foil the enemy too and we will be astonished by the wisdom of the Holy Spirit that comes from our lips just like You during Your time on earth.

Praise You Lord!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment