Thursday, October 20, 2011

Genesis 21:6, Isaiah 27:2-3

Daily Mediation:  Genesis 21:6, Isaiah 27:2-3



Genesis 21:6

“God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears of this will laugh with me.”
 
Isaiah 27:2-3
On that day, he will say, “Praise my fruitful vineyard! I, the Lord, am its keeper; I water it every moment. So that no one will harm it, day and night I guard it.”
My Beloved, I asked You to say something nice to me to me and You did. You never disappoint.  You have said something so very beautiful and in saying it, You remind me of what You have done for me and how You have made me joyful.  It is You who has filled my life with laughter and have given me the opportunities and the ability to share it with others.
Who would have thought my Lord after so many heartaches and tears, so many sorrows and losses that I would finally be brought to the place where I now am.   Each day draws me closer to You and to eternity.  From the moment I wake up to the time when I fall asleep at night, my first and last thought is You.  My spiritual progress in this exciting journey with You has not been swift but slow, deliberate, sometimes painful, with many setbacks because I  have stumbled and have fallen often.  But through it all, Your guiding hand has been constant.  You have been  more tender than a father and mother and the best of all friends and lovers.
My heart, my soul, my life exults in You my God and I laugh.  I throw back my head and I laugh with sheer delight and gladness at the marvels You have done in my life.  The laughter Beloved is catching for many laugh with me for You have worked many marvels in their lives as well.  Together, we rejoice in You.
Thank You my Lord and my God, my Beloved and my King.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment