Friday, September 23, 2011

John 14:21

Daily Meditation:  John 14:21

John 14:21

21 Whoever keeps my commandments is the one who loves me. If he loves me, he will also be loved by my Father; I too shall love him and show myself clearly to him.”

My Beloved, here You make a sweeping statement when You say,  "Whoever keeps my commandments is the one who love Me." It does not matter who the person is anyone who keeps Your commandments of self giving love to God first and to neighbor next,  such a person will be loved in return by One no less than Your Father.  The God of all the heavens and the universe, all that was, is and ever shall be, this all powerful, eternal, majestic, awesome God who sustains all things with His Word, will in return, love His poor sinful creatures. And You my Beloved, will love this 'whoever', right back with a love that is uniquely Your own.  It is a love that is a blend of total tenderness, compassion, passion and sweetness.  It is a love that pours enables You to pour out Yourself on the beloved.  Through Your Spirit, You will reveal Yourself clearly to the one who, prompted by love, keeps Your commandments.

---- Mine, do not let Your service to Me be tainted by inhibition, desire for human respect or fear.  You do not have to impress Me or any one else.  You have answered the call to give in love, all that matters now is that you do all that is required in simplicity, in humility and with generosity.  Be open to the Voice of My Spirit.  He will teach, lead and guide you.  He will accomplish all using you as His instrument.

Yes, Lord, I must learn to remove my focus on myself and train my gaze on You.  It is You alone that I must glorify.  It is You that I must make known and loved .  This is my goal nothing else.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment