Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wisdom 7:22-30, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6, 9-11, Luke 4:31-37, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

Daily Meditation:  Wisdom 7:22-30

Wisdom 7:22-30

22..In her is a spirit that is intelligent, saintly, unique, manifold, sub­tle, active, concise, pure and lu­cid. It cannot corrupt, loves what is good and nothing can restrain it; 23 it is beneficent, loving humankind, stead­fast, dependable, calm though almighty. It sees everything and pe­netrates all spirits, however intel­ligent, subtle and pure they may be.
24 Wisdom, in fact, surpasses in mo­bility all that moves, and being so pure pervades and permeates all things.
25 She is a breath of the power of God, a pure emanation of the glory of the Almighty; nothing impure can enter her. 26 She is a reflection of eternal light, a spotless mirror of God’s action and an image of his goodness.
27 She is but one, yet Wisdom can do all things and, herself unchanging, she renews all things. She enters holy souls, making them prophets and friends of God, 28 for God loves only those who live with Wisdom.
29 She is indeed more beautiful than the sun and surpasses all the constellations; she outrivals light, 30 for light gives way to night, but evil cannot prevail against Wisdom.

God's nature is love and wisdom is one of His manifold attributes.  Yet wisdom is so much more than that, it is able to encompass and enter all that is pleasing to God.  Wisdom is one of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit.  Wisdom has neither limits nor boundaries and yet God has all wisdom within Himself as each Divine Person and as One in the Trinity.  God's breath is wisdom, the Holy Spirit is the aspiration of the Father and Son and wisdom penetrates and permeates the Holy Spirit who is the breath and power of God.  Wisdom is a gift given to God's friends, they are the saints, who yielding and surrendering to God's love, receive all His gifts, for God is a generous lover and He lavishes His beloved with all His gifts including this precious gift of wisdom for it is necessary to possess her in order to love God as He ought to be loved.

Is the spirit of wisdom in me?

I am called to be a saint, how well have I responded to this call?

Has my influence caused another to sin?

Am I kind, steadfast, loving dependable, calm?

I must reflect God's light so that nothing displeasing to Him might enter me.

Daily Mass Readings:  1 Thessalonians 5:1-6, 9-11, Luke 4:31-37,
                                       Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

1 Thessalonians 5:1-6, 9-11

Beloved, help me to remain alert and sober.  To stay wide awake so that death might not take me by surprise but will find me awake and ready.  I belong to You my God and to the Day, grant that I may yield to all Your plans for me and assist me to lead others to do the same.  You died in order that I may live now and eternally.   
Luke 4:31-37

Help me to remember that I must obey and follow Your Word for You speak with the authority that You have received from Your Father.  Your voice is the voice of truth.  Evil knows You and knows that its day is limited for You have destroyed it and nailed it to the Cross. 

Do not let evil torment me or those I love.  Set us free to love You and to love those around us.  Fill me with Your joy in order that I may sing Your praise always.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

The Lord is my light and my salvation
– whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the rampart of my life;
I will not be afraid.
One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I seek –
that I may dwell in his house all the days of my life,
to gaze at his jewel and to visit his sanctuary.
13 I hope, I am sure,
 that I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
14 Trust in the Lord, be strong and courageous
        yes, put your hope in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment