Monday, August 1, 2011

Song of Songs 8:6-7, Numbers 11:4-15, Matthew 14:13-21, Psalm 81:12-17

Daily Meditation:  Song of Songs 8:6-7

Song of Songs 8:6-7

Set me as a seal on your heart,
set me as a seal on your arm.
For love is strong as death;
its jealousy lasting as the power of death,
it burns like a blazing fire,
it blazes like a mighty flame.
No flood can extinguish love
nor river submerge it.
If a man were to buy love
with all the wealth of his house,
contempt is all he would purchase.

My God, my King, my All, I am Yours Beloved, I hold nothing back.  Take me as I am, own me Beloved .  Every thought, every word, every prayer, every breath is Yours.  If I live I live for You, if I die, I die for You.  My present, my past and my eternity are Yours.  Sealed in Your Blood there is no part of me that belongs to myself anymore.  You have purchased me and I give up all rights of ownership to You.  Take me my Lord and do what You will with me.

Daily Mass Readings: Numbers 11:4-15, Matthew 14:13-21, Psalm 81:12-17

Numbers 11:4-15

My Beloved, we make the same cry as that of the children of Israel.  We are constantly looking back to the time before our conversion when we gave way to passion without bridle and bit.  Now that we have given our life to You and have taken up the challenge to life a godly life, a life pleasing to You, there are times when the journey becomes tedious, difficult and we become cranky.  Unlike Moses, You welcome us, You will do all the things that Moses complained he was incapable of doing.  You did it all and more, even to the laying down of Your life and feeding us with Your Body and Blood in the Eucharist. Thank You.

Matthew 14:13-21

My Beloved, it had been a long and exhausting day.  Your disciples were tired too, so You sent them ahead of You while You saw the crowds off.  You knew You could not go on because, although Your physical exhaustion was great, the spiritual depletion of Your power would have been greater.  You needed to spend time with Your Father, Your Abba.   Made one with Him in prayer You would be refreshed and renewed so You could soar again doing the work that the Father had sent You to do. In fact Scripture tells us that You spent the entire night in communion with Him and You were refreshed and energized. Prayer ought to do the same for us too.  

When life becomes difficult and frightening sometimes Beloved, let us hear Your voice saying to us, "Courage, it is I, do not be afraid."

Psalm 81:14-17

14 If only my people would listen,
if only Israel would walk in my ways,
15 I would quickly subdue their adversaries
and turn my hand against their enemies.
16 Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him,
and their panic would last forever.
17 I would feed you with the finest wheat
and satisfy you with honey from the rock.”

No comments:

Post a Comment