Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Psalm 50:23, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 23:23-26, Psalm 139:1-6

Daily Meditation: Psalm 50:23

Psalm 50:23



23 Those who give with thanks offerings honor me,
but the one who walks blamelessly,
I will show him the salvation of God.”

Beloved, all my offerings in thanksgiving to You honors You, but if I walk blamelessly with the help of the grace You always make available to me, You will show me Your salvation.  My Lord, I can only vouch for this present moment, for this one step in the now - over this I have control with the gift of free will with which You have blessed, trusted and honored me. With Your help, yielding to Your love, I offer You this present moment, this step that I take in my now.  Bless it Beloved and may it be pleasing to You. 

Daily Mass Readings: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 23:23-26, 
                                     Psalm 139:1-6

1 Thessalonians 2:1-8

Beloved, as I live the Gospel 
in y daily life, grant that my witness be like that of St. Paul in verses 7-8  

.... we were gentle with you, as a nursing mother who feeds and cuddles her baby. And so great is our concern that we are ready to give you, as well as the Gospel, even our very lives, for you have become very dear to us.

Thank You.

Matthew 23:23-26

Beloved, forgive me for the times I have been like the Scribes and Pharisees that You condemn thoroughly in today's Gospel passage.  Self righteousness is loathsome to You.  Teach me to be pure in heart, mind and soul.

Psalm 139:1-6 

O Lord, you know me:
you have scrutinized me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
beforehand you discern my thoughts.
You observe my activities and times of rest;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is formed in my mouth,
you know what it is all about, O Lord.
From front to back you hedge me round,
shielding me with your protecting hand.
Your knowledge leaves me astounded,
it is too high for me to reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment